Hello Mozillians! You guys are awesome for your behavior, contribution and love. We mozillians love to teach others and share our skills. And Webmaker is a good way to let it be done. Webmaker; a Mozilla project help you to create something awesome on web by webmaker tools such as Thimble, Popcorn Maker, X-Ray Goggles and App Maker. In Webmaker, contributors can claim badges according their contributions. There are badges for your skill sharing on web literacy, create an event of webmaker, remixing a teaching kit or making a new one. In here I’ll make you clear about how to claim a badge and which one is required for you.
Web Literacy Skill Sharer
This badge can be issued to people who have shared a web literacy skill and written about their experience on the web. Here’s how to earn this badge:
1) Explore the competencies listed in the Web Literacy Map
2) Choose one of the 15 competencies that you feel especially passionate about
3) Look at the list of skills underpinning that competency, and then share one of those with someone else – either using one of the suggested resources or by inventing your own way of teaching it
4) Share a blog post, video or image online illustrating how you taught the web literacy skill
5) Apply for the badge by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below
Claim your Web Literacy Skill Sharer badge here: Web Literacy Skill Sharer Badge
Event Host Badge
This badge can be issued to people who have hosted an event to teach the web. Here’s how to earn this badge:
2) Once your event is over, update your event page with photos and links to the projects you and your participants created.
3) Apply for the badge by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below.
Claim your Event Host badge here: Webmaker Event Host Badge
1) Explore the most popular kits and activities.
2) Try one out the next time you teach digital skills, web literacy or web making. Take note of what worked well and what didn’t.
3) Remix the kit or activity by adding your own ideas, lesson plans and resources. Here are a few tips for creating great teaching kits.
4) Publish the kit by saving it on webmaker.org.
5) Apply for the badge by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below.
Claim your Teaching Kit Remixer badge here: Webmaker Teaching Kit Remixer Badge
This badge is issued by Mozilla to Webmaker community members who teach others. Mentors are proficient in web literacy, contribute to the Webmaker community, and create and remix openly-licensed resources for others to use.
For more on becoming a Webmaker Mentor, see here.
Claim your Webmaker Mentor badge here: Webmaker Mentor Badge